Monday, May 23, 2011

No Seriously, Shut Up!


There are a lot of dumb reasons to get arrested but today I think I read about one that has to be near the top of the list.  Lakeysha Beard, was arrested last week for talking on her phone in an Amtrak quiet car.  Talking on your phone on the train may not seem like much, but here's the thing, it was during her trip from Oakland, CA to Salem, OR, and when I say during her trip, I mean the ENTIRE trip, all 16 hours of it.  That's right, this woman spoke on her phone, nonstop, for 16 straight hours.  You can read about it in the Village Voice here.  I'd also like to mention I agree with Jen Doll (real name?) the author of the article when she says if it had been on the east coast we would have put an end to it after 5 minutes...just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment